Lead Product Manager, Developer Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As Square is expanding to meet the needs of a broader seller base, Square's developer platform is core to our strategy. You will guide the articulation and delivery of our Developer Platform strategy.
You will be directly responsible for Square's developer product spanning every step of a developer's journey with Square. This includes the developer dashboard, our documentation site, developer tooling, and SDK's.
You are also responsible for growing the usage and monetization of Square's Developer Platform. To achieve our growth goals you will work with our go-to-market teams (Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Partnerships, Evangelism and Customer Success) to attract developers to Square. You will work with our executive leadership team and business leaders to hone and deliver on this explicit investment strategy. If you're looking to improve the growth and direction of a company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Build the strategy for our Developer Platform
- Guide the tactics and delivery timelines for the work required to drive growth
- Work with our executive leadership team and leaders across products (Point of Sale, Capital), and organizations (Product, Marketing, Sales, and Support) to grow our active developer base.
- Develop industry-leading products that uniquely serve Square’s customers
- Manage and mentor a team of product managers to achieve personal and team goals
- Inspire your cross-functional peers to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products and services
- Influence partners throughout Square to align resources and prioritization
- 8+ years experience shaping and driving important strategies that have shaped the investment portfolio of an organization
- Experience building developer products and ecosystems.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Navigated product scale challenges in a rapidly growing environment
- Managed a high performing team that consistently achieves
- Developed industry-leading products that have gained a strong followership and product loyalty
- Served as an evangelist for a product group
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers and customers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, qualifications, professional competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.