Product Manager, Help Products
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
When we launched the little white reader, we invented mobile, ubiquitous payments and enabled anyone to start, run, and grow a business. Ten years and billions of transactions later we’re reimagining commerce for businesses of all types and sizes—we’re enabling the independent electrician to send invoices, helping the beauty salon pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is operated by an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. As Square expands to meet the needs of a broader seller base and their employees the Help Products team creates personalized support experiences at scale to get answers to our sellers' questions fast. As the lead Product Manager, you'll lead a cross-functional team that serves Square's millions of merchants, providing them with the precise information they need to keep their businesses running. This means extending functionality to meet our sellers' diverse needs, solving new challenges across contact channels, and ensuring the high-availability of tools our merchants rely on to serve their customers.
As a Product Manager on the team, you will create impact for millions of small businesses across the world using our platform to start and grow their business. You will work with the product leads of the Square Payments and Customer Success teams. You will establish the multi-year product strategy, coordinate and accomplish initiatives, and optimize the support journey for our sellers. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. You will need to dig in to understand our customers and their needs, analyze data, and guide our outstanding team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
- Develop industry-leading products across desktop, mobile, and native platforms that uniquely serve Square’s customers.
- Work with Design, Engineering, Analytics, and Product Marketing to set the vision for your product. Guide the product strategy to enhance outcomes for our customers and Square’s business.
- Guide the product road-map and execute the delivery timelines for the work to achieve team and our goals.
- Foster an environment that enables the team to accomplish quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality.
- Operate cross-functionally and build partnerships with product and business teams across the company in delivering excellent products.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Experience building consensus and accomplishing goals with diverse partners.
- Vision: You’ve formed, gained and supported key strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
- Results: You’re excellent tactically, with experience shipping elegant products at scale.
- You have a great ability to absorb and apply data to your decision-making.
- You’re able to push through obstacles, and ready to roll up your sleeves wherever needed.
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Experience working through problems with high ambiguity and without a definitive answer.
- Developed industry-leading products that have gained product loyalty.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources