Machine Learning Manager, Financial Crimes
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products like Cash App and our Seller tools. They work globally with partners in engineering and counsel to guarantee we’re meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations.
You’ll want to solve and answer questions like:
- How can we detect suspicious transaction activity?
- What kind of risk does this customer pose? Should we restrict any behavior?
- How can we optimize communication with the customer to get additional information required for due diligence?
- Lead a team of data scientists
- Work cross collaboratively with product managers and designers to improve and determine product scope.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Python experience and familiarity with numpy, pandas, sklearn, xgboost, or TensorFlow
- Data visualization skills for ad-hoc exploratory analysis
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning and statistical models
- Desire or experience working with Fintech, Regtech, Blockchain, machine learning, data science, and virtual currencies
- A curious, passionate, growth-oriented mindset
- Natural curiosity and a desire to manage all aspects of data science in a small, and very growing team
Experience detecting financial crimes as part of compliance at another fintech or bank
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources