Senior Software Engineer, Platform, Square Capital
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
As a Software Engineer on Square Capital, you will design, build, and own the services and infrastructure that power our products. You will build the architecture to support sophisticated financial systems, intricate product workflows, and highly available services that form complex distributed systems. If you love delivering high quality software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Work closely with engineering, product, and business partners to build software that is clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking
- Define and develop modern APIs that integrate web clients with server backends
- Build well-designed, reusable systems to model financial systems and transactions
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- Interest in working on backend systems, from APIs and business logic to optimizing database transactions.
- Interest in modeling complex domains and building resilient systems to support real world applications
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources