Data Scientist, Growth Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
Growth and Retention Marketing provides platform services like notifications to power product functionality, operations, analytics and targeting tools to grow and retain customer bases, and automation / optimization of these activities through data science and machine learning. The platform helps balance two evergreen goals: maintaining our customers' trust and growing the Square ecosystem. As a Product Data Scientist supporting this group, your role will be a hybrid of traditional roles in product analytics, product marketing, and business intelligence. You will need to summarize trends and insights through the vast amount of data captured by Square, and develop applicable strategies to grow Squares sellers and their engagement with Square products through the platform.
Product Data Scientists at Square are embedded within product and platform teams and use engineering, analytics, and machine learning to empower data-driven decision-making in the full life cycle of product development. As a member of the team, you will lead experimentation and growth plans, develop automation solutions to personalize experiences, provide insights to our sellers about their business, and promote strategic decisions with data. Square’s mission is economic empowerment, and our Data Science team supports this by using data to understand and empathize with our customers, thereby allowing us to build a remarkable product experience.
- Leverage descriptive and predictive analytics to understand the impact of Square-owned growth and retention channels
- Partner with Platform team members to make data-driven decisions across the organization
- Partner with Square’s product marketing teams to guide the design and implementation of Square’s scaled cross-sell and engagement strategies
- Apply a diverse set of tactics including statistics, quantitative reasoning, and machine learning to produce applicable insights
- Create campaign targeting strategies, design experiments and publish results.
- Develop data marts, dashboards, reports, and deep-dive analyzes to inform the ongoing launch and optimization of marketing channels
- 3+ years of analytics experience or equivalent
- Experience leading projects that depend on the contributions of others in multiple disciplines
- Fluency with data, analytics and visualization technologies (We use SQL, Looker, and Python)
- Experience applying both data-backed heuristics and machine-learning techniques to solve practical product problems such as predicting churn, cross selling, clustering user archetypes, and more
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources