Visual Designer, Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square is looking for a Designer to join our award-winning Creative Studio team, with a focus on our Core Point of Sale. This includes the Square Point of Sale app and its associated add-on products, like Invoices, Gift Cards, Team Management, Marketing, and Loyalty. This is the central foundation of our business. You will work with our different product teams, including PMs, PMMs, Product Designers and Engineers to create smart solutions that help tell the story of Square’s growing ecosystem of products. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, UX/UI, product development, visual design, prototyping, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
This is a crucial, hands-on role that requires the ability to translate project strategy into great design experiences. We expect pixel perfection and persistence to make projects shine through their life cycles.
Our designers are a central part of a team of program managers, art directors, designers, copywriters, creative strategists, and engineers. For us, design isn’t static; it moves, talks, sings and vibrates. You will need to think in three dimensions; static, print, moving animations and how people interact with your design.
Designers within the Creative Studio are versatile and bring an understanding across all visual communications. We are looking for deep collaboration, rapid prototyping and an open feedback cycle. We create a lot of content, from paid marketing assets to website updates to informative videos, but we need someone who can empathize with the needs of our sellers, and who can help us tell them a story visually that they will understand.
- Craft graphic elements, mood boards, and visual treatments
- Contribute to a team that includes designers, producers, product strategists, copywriters and engineers
- Produce brand and campaign standards, templates and style guides
- Create video and motion graphics style frames, exhibition graphics, interface design, visualization, presentation design, information graphics, branding and print graphics
- You may also co-direct photo shoots and design physical installations
- 5+ years of experience
- Expert in Adobe CC and Sketch / Figma
- Multiple styles of design and illustration
- Typographic skills
- Can lead IA / wireframe / design processes
- Best practices knowledge in usability and UX An understanding of the opportunities and limitations of the modern web
- System design experience
- Animation/motion graphics knowledge in software such as After Effects, Principle or Cinema 4D
- Light front-end coding (CSS styling)
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources