- San Francisco, CA
The Finance Architect role at Square helps align results with technology capabilities. The Finance Architect, reporting to our Head of Finance and Hardware Systems, will assume a leadership role in defining the strategy for how we transform the finance processes at Square and in collaboration with partners guide the technology architecture. Furthermore, you will provide overall technology vision for our existing technology investments ensuring that transformation in technology and processes is seemless and cost-effectively. This technical leader will be focused on identifying industry best practices when it comes to technology methods, tools, and best practices and communicating and applying these insights across the finance technology teams. You will also be an important partner across our Finance Technology organization providing guidance and mentorship to the other important technical leaders.
- Partner with departments to understand current and future finance technology needs
- Partner with our ERP/Data Architecture/IT security/Square Products/RPA teams to ensure business case/application definition/data model alignment and establish Finance Tech Roadmaps
- Provide additional technical expertise on our internally developed software solutions and help shape the use of best practices around development and scalability
- Champion the use of Agile methodology within our development teams
- Promote our cloud 1st strategy
- Oversee our existing BC/DR Architecture and provide expert guidance defining our future roadmap
- Partner with our existing infrastructure teams defining roadmap
- Strategize all future tech/software investments to align with goals and establish measurements
- Guide metric-driven approach and instill elements into the architecture that provide insights to run the business
- Work with our important 3rd party partners understanding their tech roadmaps and position Square to take advantage of them
- Lead and mentor our architects, engineers, and managers
- Communicate the vision and provide presentations on that strategy to our leadership team
- Collaborate at all levels of the organization while leading complex projects
- Identify system needs, capture requirements, evaluate current state environments, assess risks, create and convey architectural recommendations, and pursue resolutions of factors impeding success.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience defining and implementing software development lifecycle tools and methodologies.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in technology leadership roles focused on Finance technology, vision, planning, architecture, and scope.
- Design and implementation experience with major cloud platforms in the Financial Technology space
- Minimum of a BS in any of the technology disciplines
- Must be comfortable building systems architecture artifacts using modeling and can share the architectural intention to delivery teams for execution.
- Broad knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices in internally hosted, and cloud-hosted environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cloud computing architectural fundamentals including distinctions between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. A clear understanding of Data Protection requirements in securing cloud-hosted applications.
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools and experiencing implementing these technologies
- Project management experience in Agile (Scrum), which includes project planning, execution, risk management, and resource management
- Expertise in solution delivery and strategy Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts
- Experience as technical lead organizing and mentoring junior and intermediate level engineers/architects
- Familiarity with the Finance industry the data security/data privacy requirement therein.
- Responsibility matrix and associated Attestation of Compliance reports considered a plus.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources