Compliance Analytics Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Compliance Analytics and Operations Lead will be the Cash Compliance team’s dedicated lead for analytics, measurement, forecasting, and insights. You will report to the Cash App Compliance Lead.
- Manage a lean team of analysts supporting the diverse needs of the Cash App Compliance team
- Lead special projects working with compliance and various teams to diagnose complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Build the analysis of quantitative data sets to uncover relevant insights on topics affecting compliance, including: new risks, compliance operating effectiveness, risk tolerance performance, product launches and usage, key performance and risk indicators
- Lead initiatives to understand the impact of new regulation, policies, or environmental changes to our compliance program and the Cash App platform
- Develop business cases to influence the prioritization of opportunities
- Build databases, design dashboards and tools, and automate metrics to support scale, communicate risks, and provide easily understood reports for operational teams and senior management
- Work with cross-divisional partners; technology, operations and teams through all aspects of strategic builds of essential compliance program elements
- 6+ years experience in analytical and impact-oriented roles such as consulting, finance, or business operations
- Experience finding and analyzing data to uncover insights
- Expert-level abilities with data analytics tools and languages such as SQL, Python, Tableau, Looker, and Excel; (be prepared for a technical assessment)
- Presentation and communication experience sharing insights and key risks from technical data sets for senior management
- Experience laying out and testing clear hypotheses, and solving problems without well-defined direction
- Experience leading a teams, complex projects, and collaborating across business groups
- Experience with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies and processes, and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) transaction monitoring typologies, rules, and representational risks
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and tools (e.g. Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, Star and Snowflake Schema design)
- Experience in regulated environments with consumer financial product/payments/FinTech experience
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources