Social & Content Manager, Canada
- Toronto, Canada
Square is looking for a strategic, creative and results oriented marketer to join our Toronto-based team. This is a multifaceted role with scope to grow. You will oversee Square's organic social content -- writing, producing and managing all organic content deployed by Square in Canada. You’ll improve platform growth,working with the overall marketing team (both in Toronto and globally) to build the overarching content strategy. You will also deploy, report on and improve the content strategy and plans for growth, taking a data-driven approach to every step of the way.
- Be @SquareCanada on social media—Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. Build @SquareCanada’s YouTube channel.
- Own Square’s organic social calendar.
- Develop creative assets to drive engagement.
- monitor and report on analytics, helping guide toward quarterly goals and channel benchmarks.
- Optimize performance of Square’s owned marketing channels.
- Grow our community and engage with Square sellers and influencers on these channels.
- Develop case studies featuring influential businesses for marketing and sales enablement.
- Help analyze campaign performance to inform ongoing overall marketing strategy.
- Work with the Editorial team to help expand promotional channels for our content through advertising, publisher networks, syndication, blogger outreach, partner marketing etc.
- Work with the Editorial team to develop content ideas based on social audience trends for Square’s Town Square Blog and all other owned educational content.
- 3+ years experience in a related field inclusive of content marketing, social media marketing, advertising, editorial development or publishing.
- Experience in social media, editorial and strategic content marketing, with a focus on social media, content marketing, design, or marketing programs
- A love of writing and detailed content production; down to the last character, visual, image crop, graphic and line break
- Experience with content management and analytics platforms
- Experience with Figma or other creative design platforms
- A love of data and can analyze a marketing funnel; you can identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them
- Experience working with creatives, engineers, analysts and product managers
- Bilingual preferred- English/French, additional languages a bonus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources