Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Platform), Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Cash Cloud Platform provides a robust, scalable place to deploy and operate business logic, and to do so, provides a suite of observability tooling (metrics & monitoring, logging, and tracing) to enable on-call engineers to understand the state of their systems, debug bottlenecks, and find and squash bugs.
As a member of the Observability team, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders, including product engineers, to:
- Design, build, and operate infrastructure projects that provide critical support for fast moving and fast changing business features
- Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Knock down pieces of infrastructure and improve on it to demonstrate resilience
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- A passion for and experience in operating observability systems at scale
- Demonstrated rigor when working on live production systems
- Boundless curiosity, autonomy, and a strong sense of accountability
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer, and mentor other engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- Docker, Kubernetes
- SignalFx, Datadog, Prometheus
- ElasticSearch, Fluentd
- Amazon Web Services
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.