Software Engineer, Channels and Fulfillment
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Channels & Fulfillment team recently joined Square through the acquisition of Stitch Labs. We are a talented, passionate, and (sometimes) silly team with a bold mission: to enable our sellers to be everywhere their customers are, while intelligently managing the complexity of multi-channel behind the scenes.
Our mission’s importance is only amplified by the present state of the world, and we need engineers like you to help us deliver on it! This is a unique opportunity to shape a new codebase being built from the ground up with the best tools and architecture for the job.
- Design, code, and ship features for an entirely new platform that will empower sellers to be everywhere their customers are
- Build and test for massive scalability
- Work with state-of-the-art technology and technologists that will forge new paradigms for the industry
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and others to deliver remarkable products
- Join a team passionate about test-driven development, documentation, and making each other laugh with a team-developed soundboard app
- Learn from us, and help us learn from you
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Comfort contributing across both the frontend and backend to deliver remarkable features
- A genuine interest in mentoring other engineers
- An interest and aptitude for leadership, and you might tend toward a management path in your future
Technologies we use and teach:
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.