Hardware Engineering Program Manager
- Shenzhen, China
As a Square Hardware EPM based in Guangdong Province, China, you will coordinate complex hardware product engineering development, NPI builds, validation, and certification activities and Sustaining Engineering activities. As a Hardware EPM, you will use your engineering background to identify technical issues and risks and use your program management experience to guide the team through successful development to product launch. You will work with engineers in all disciplines, other Program Managers in engineering and operations, product managers and strategic suppliers and partners.
- Create and maintain a hardware development plan, schedule and budget for complex consumer electronics payment products in partnership with engineering managers, technical leads and individual contributors.
- Build relationships with CM's to ensure deliverables are on track and all engineering requirements are met. Drive first and second tier suppliers, integrate their deliverables and schedules into the project.
- Drive NPI builds at the contract manufacturers and ensure build entry and exit criteria are defined and met.
- Work with the engineering, quality, and product teams to identify key technical risk areas and develop mitigation strategies.
- Communicate developments, updates, and problems to teams and partners (technical and non-technical). Lead and contribute to project reviews. Drive certification activities in partnership with regulatory and certification experts.
- Discern and implement process improvements internal to Square and externally with partners.
- BS degree in ME/EE/CE or related field and 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- Experience with JDM and CM development models with evidence of increasing responsibility.
- Experience managing complex NPI builds with demonstrated knowledge of SMT, FATP processes
- Experience with the common challenges and interdependencies in embedded systems and the development of custom hardware.
- The ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and to remain flexible in the face of uncertainty.
- Experience managing trade-offs given specific constraints. Excellent written and verbal English and Mandarin, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members.
- Work across multiple time zones and travel internationally to Square offices and manufacturing locations.
- China residency, ability to work onsite as-needed at manufacturing sites in Guangdong region as well as travel to APAC suppliers. High degree of self-motivation and time management skills.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources