Finance & Strategy Analyst - Sales
- San Francisco, CA
- Position open to remote: No
Finance & Strategy improves financial, and operational decision-making across Square. Our team’s core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do it with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Our partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help solve difficult problems. We believe good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll rely on you to work with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and company executives.
The Financial Analyst, reporting to the Finance & Strategy Manager, will support our Global Sales team, which sits within the Seller Organization and guides our larger sellers’ journey onto Square.
- Manage the quarterly commissions process for Global Sales, including administering Sales compensation plans, ensuring that commissions calculations are accurate and comply with plan, and resolving any quota credit-related issues
- Lead the Global Sales’ quota setting process. This includes overseeing and updating the forecast model and working with Sales Leadership to finalize team targets
- Partner with Sales to manage team budget and workforce planning, including daily tracking and monthly executive reporting
- Help with other ad hoc analysis to support the F&S Operations and Sales teams
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
0-2 years experience in sales compensation or a finance position (strategic finance, corporate finance, or FP&A)
Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Financial modeling experience and proficiency in Excel.
Experience with Anaplan is a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources