Product Manager, Customer Directory Platform
- San Francisco, CA
As a Product Manager at Square for the Customer Directory platform, you will guide platform product projects from creation through execution. You will report to and work with the Customer Directory Product Lead, and will partner with other product and functional leads, and general managers responsible for multiple Square products and platforms. Additionally, you will work with engineers, analysts, product managers, and other team members within the organization to drive customer data related platform programs and integrations across the Square ecosystem. Your platform work will be focused on helping sellers and developers create more personalized and cohesive omnichannel experiences, by better integrating Customer Directory customer data across Square's first party products and developer APIs.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and establish the product vision for the Customer Directory platform
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, product requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases
- Have an understanding and empathy for Square Sellers, third-party developers building on Square's platform, and our teams at Square building on the Directory platform.
- Create and drive a product road-map, promote it across the organization, and execute initiatives from ideation through execution. Represent the team and platform with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization
- Collaborate with engineers on technical platform and data initiatives
- 5+ years of technical product management experience or related/equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience delivering platform products which have a high-degree of complexity (involving complex data pipelines, integrations, or similar)
- Experience shipping and iterating on successful platform products that required partnering across multiple teams, organizations, and/or companies
- Ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease. You can readily communicate technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership, and the ability to guide product strategy and partner with senior engineers, designers, and stakeholders
- An analytical and metrics-driven approach that uses data to guide decisions
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources