Transaction Monitoring Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
[This position can be based in our San Francisco, Oakland, New York, Atlanta, or Seattle office.}
You will manage an effective and efficient transaction monitoring program to detect potentially suspicious activity on the Cash App platform. As the Transaction Monitoring Lead you will manage a team of subject matter experts, track trends and key risks, and use effective tools to assess and combat financial crimes risk on the Cash App platform. You will work across teams to design and implement innovative measures for detection, contributing toward risk mitigation strategies, and identifying tools and technologies to support those goals. You will help create and manage a program that demonstrates compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic and evolving financial services space.
- Oversee a transaction monitoring operations teams, including training, hiring, coaching, and managing staff
- Work with other Compliance leads to guide strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to streamline and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with other Compliance Team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build-out
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements for detection of potentially suspicious activity
- Provide guidance, insight and act as an escalation point for your team of analysts as they perform account reviews
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet KPIs, goals and internal benchmarks
- 5+ years in AML and Financial Crimes roles
- 3+ years people management experience
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Knowledge and experience in executing and running a sound operational program
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources