Executive Assistant Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square is looking for an Executive Administrative Manager to join our Executive Assistant Team, supporting our executives and managing our EAs. Our Executive Assistants are essential team members who hold everything together - you will participate in wide-ranging, confidential, and strategic tasks to support Sellers’s goals and take our company to the next level. We are looking for candidates with a natural passion for learning, who enjoy taking on new challenges and projects, and who excel at being mindful of details. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S.
People Management Responsibilities
- Lead 3 Executive Assistants with varying levels of experience.
- Manage administrative responsibilities for directs, including time cards, time-off approval and balance, reporting processes approval, Workday management, team resource maintenance.
- Communicate job and performance expectations through consolidation, synthesis, and delivery of performance feedback during our performance review and promotion cycles.
- Support directs’ effectiveness and successful development of their job responsibilities through dynamic coaching, mentorship, and advocacy, varying across the needs of each direct.
- Collaborate with other EA Leads and partners on team-wide matters, including annual and incremental budget planning processes, team-wide load balancing, identifying trends and recommending systemic improvements.
- Active participant in department-wide promotion and compensation calibration, recruiting outlook and hiring processes, and other team building programs.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to our Seller Product Engineering Lead, maintain sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with both internal and external executives, partners, and EAs.
- Be the executive’s right hand by attending important meetings, participate, and provide a knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness.
- Manage projects simultaneously, identifying gaps and taking ownership of projects; compile and prepare material and agendas for team meetings, such as all-hands presentations and events.
- Develop an understanding of the team and field requests from internal and external contacts, be available and approachable.
- Maintain relationships with cross-functional partners to help support Seller programs and goals.
- At least 1 year of managing a team of at least 2 direct reports or 3 years of experience providing direct mentorship to multiple EAs
- 6+ years of professional experience as an Executive Assistant, or experience in a similar function (Recruiting, HR, Event Planning, etc.)
- Direct, dotted line, or informal experience leading a team of administrative professionals.
- 6+ years of experience supporting a variety of different executives and teams.
- 6+ years of experience handling multiple administrative and executive support tasks and projects.
- Appreciation for the challenges of supporting a growing team of diverse personalities and programs.
- Value teamwork at all levels, while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources