Lending Operations Lead, Cash App
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
You will support the rollout of a creative new consumer lending program. You are someone with deep experience in Lending, including servicing, collections and overall operations. This executive will be someone that can balance operating and leading a team within a fast-growing lending business and will report to the Head of Operations.
- Launch and define our strategy around Lending Operations
- Manage all relationships with external partners including bank partners, credit reporting agencies and other lending specific partners
- Manage overall customer engagement regarding their loans
- Build and oversee the collections arm and account management
- Build and hire an outstanding lending operations team, including the definition of and performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee servicing of loans. Review documentation and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with internal lending policies and all applicable laws in the servicing of loans
- Partner with other teams, including legal, compliance, product, engineering, finance and strategy, and the broader operations and Cash App executive teams
- 15+ years of experience in lending, loan origination and operations; within a fintech or startup environment
- Deep knowledge of consumer lending
- Experience building and scaling lending operations functions from scratch
- Experience overseeing consumer lending operations activities, including servicing and debt collection Deeply experienced in partner management for all partners in the lending value chain including bank partners, credit reporting agencies and other lending third parties.
- Deep experience in negotiating commercial terms, driving performance according to contractual commitments, managing and driving delivery on priorities and handling escalations from numerous partners and other teams.
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders / technical teams and the ability to develop agreement and drive team members to a decision
- Meet all relevant state licensing and examination requirements
- Experience managing a loan portfolio that is compliant, maintaining compliance with state and federal consumer protection requirements
- Experience hiring and motivating a high performing team
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.