Network Automation Engineer (Corporate Network)
- St. Louis, MO
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
- Position open to remote: Yes
We're looking for a Network Automation Engineer who shares our values to help us build tools to configure and maintain our global network connecting multiple data-centers and offices. As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We measure everything, and have a culture of reflection and improvement. We aim to eliminate friction in our environment and believe that no project should be delayed because of a lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful.
- Write software to solve complex network management tasks, including:
- Deploy and audit configuration of network devices.
- Monitor network health, including metrics collection, visualization, and alerting.
- Track network use over time to assist capacity planning models.
- Write proper tests and documentation for all tools.
- Work with other teams to design tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve the network infrastructure.
- Integrate existing open source software tools and participate in those open source projects to contribute any new features or bug fixes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing in at least one of python or ruby
- Comfortable using the Linux/Unix command line and command line tools
- Knowledge of networking concepts (switches, routers, protocols such as TCP/IP)
- A desire to continue learning
- Knowledge of routing protocols and concepts (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Experience developing software for scalable/distributed systems
- Experience with large-scale installations of Linux/Unix
- Experience with Django and Ansible
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources