Software Engineer (Frontend), Buyer Payment Experiences
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Commerce is changing, and as part of that Square is transforming from a product company to a platform company. If you join now, you will ride the massive wave of omnichannel retail combining in-store and online / in-app payments. You'll help create an "AWS of Commerce" as our developer platform exposes core primitives for other companies to build on top of.
The Payment Platform team builds core commerce management APIs, front-end SDKs and UIs for web and mobile products, and supporting services for developers.
We're building services that must be both available and able to handle meaningful volume. Thousands of developers use our code to power the payments capabilities that millions of merchants depend on. We build the tools to make that not just possible, but also easy.
As a part of the Payment Platform, the Buyer Payment Experiences team develops the SDKs and foundational APIs needed to make it easy for 1st and 3rd parties to build remarkable and secure buyer payment experiences on the web. We care about the security of our buyers and their payment information, and face the difficult challenge of ensuring data privacy while ensuring buyer and seller security.
As a software engineer on the Buyer Payment Experiences team, you will…
- Work with product, engineering, and design teams across Square to provide a detailed developer experience. Some of our biggest customers are other teams at Square who use our SDKs and UIs as building blocks, and we work with them.
- Develop type-safe libraries with TypeScript backed by Go microservices to power many payment options for both 3rd party developers and first-party products, supporting millions of Square merchants. We write framework-free and dependency-free code.
- Oversee the whole service. We deploy our services, decide how we want to test and what tools we want to use, and are responsible when things go wrong.
- Explore new services, technologies, and approaches to ensure our services are always available and fast globally.
- Design experiences so the team can be brave and move fast, without showing a negative impact to customers.
- Have a desire to build Square's developer platform, where we succeed when our merchants and developers succeed.
- Enjoy writing and shipping production software
- Have experience quickly prototyping complex ideas
- Value collaboration - both within your team and across organizations - above all
- Be intimately familiar with the landscape of browsers and the web
- Have an interest in the tools that power websites
- Care about security and privacy
- Whether you have heard of "Lean Startup", "Customer Development", "Human centered design" or not, you have a deep desire to focus on delighting our customers
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources