Lead Product Manager, Merchant Risk Experience
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
As a Product Management Lead on the Merchant Risk Experience team, you have dual goals: you prevent fraudsters from exploiting Square's system and you advocate for legitimate customers that get caught in Square's fraud detection net. You understand your customer's needs, you establish the mission for your product area, and you work with your team to create system, process, and product improvements to help Square's customers succeed. You establish the multi-year product strategy for Square's Fraud Risk team and guide the product from creation through detailed execution. You will report to the Head of Risk Product Management and partner closely with a passionate team of engineers, data scientists, analysts, designers, copywriters, marketers, and operations/policy managers. You advise leaders across Square whose products lines and customers are facing financial risks. You develop a team of Product and Program Managers, providing coaching, career development opportunities, and leadership across the Risk organization. You will become a domain expert in Fraud prevention and build empathy and understanding for your customer and their business.
- Establish a vision and multi-year strategy for fraud risk management at Square in partnership with Risk Engineering, Design, Analytics, Data Science, Policy, and Operations, as well as and partner teams across the company.
- Lead a team of Product and Program Managers who launch products and features that put the customer first while protecting Square against financial loss.
- Coach your team members toward growing their careers as Product and Program Managers.
- Represent your team, your team's goals, and your team's strategy within the Risk leadership team and among senior company leaders.
- Think as a platform: support other teams across Square in their efforts to grow their lines of business by understanding their goals and using them to inform your strategy.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
- 4+ years directly managing a team and guiding team members in growing their careers.
- Experience building agreement with diverse partners.
- Vision: You've formed, gained and supported strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
- Results: You're excellent tactically, with experience shipping elegant products at scale.
- Customer empathy: You have experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Experience working through complex problems without a definitive answer.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources