Senior Software Engineer, Verse
- Barcelona, Spain
Verse is a financial brand within the ecosystem of Square, located in Barcelona. Our goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Our digital wallet allows you to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select European countries.
We are collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that refines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company’s growth across the European Union.
We want to hire the best talent to join our team in Spain. Interested in learning more?
As a Verse Backend Engineer, you will create reliable and scalable software for all of our users around the world. You'll manage the back-end development for one or more projects and tackle tough design and product problems alongside other world-class engineers. Our Back-end team uses the best tools for the job (Go, Python, Kubernetes) and we'll need your expertise to help us move fast while keeping high standards of quality by rapidly developing, fast, and secure experiences for our users. You will have an opportunity to demonstrate leadership within the team and make impactful technical contributions.
- Write clean code to develop functional web APIs
- Contribute to code reviews and create high-quality code
- Write technical specifications, evaluating the trade-offs
- Help maintain the infrastructure (monitoring, logging) and deployment pipelines
- Have ownership of your work, from design to deployment and operation
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with our app developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Collaborate and work well with the team
- Relevant experience programming in Go, Python, .NET, Java or Ruby BS/BA in Computer Science or similar experience in technical field
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Persistence when faced with tough technical challenges
- Love of learning and passion when it comes to helping others
- Strong collaboration skills
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL
- Experience operating a Kubernetes cluster
- Monitoring with Prometheus/Grafana and Elasticsearch/Kibana
- Experience writing distributed systems using queues (eg: RabbitMQ)
- Experience in Google Cloud Compute
- Background in the FinTech industry
Verse treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, political ideas, ethnicity, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, social status, union states, kinship status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will treat your request and information as confidentially as possible in accordance with our privacy policies and applicable requirements. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.