Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system
As a Cash Growth Product engineer, you'll bring millions of new users to the app by building interesting new products. You'll create great user experiences at scale and conduct experiments to discover what works, deploying to production multiple times a day. The things you'll build will create impact at scale.
As a member of the Cash Growth Product engineer team, you'll:
- Scope and develop new interesting products
- Design APIs and data models to work within a micro-service and event-driven architectures
- Build incrementally and deploy daily
- Scale systems to a growing customer base
- Participate in all parts of product development, working with non-engineering related disciplines (product and design) and adjacent engineering teams
- 8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Natural curiosity and persistence
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.