Senior Software Engineer, API Frameworks
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The API Frameworks team creates tools that empower our internal developers to rapidly release new internal and public APIs and features. We are a small, focused, and growing team with an abundance of growth and impactful opportunities.
As a software engineer on the API Frameworks team, you will own the design, creation, and maintenance of centralized, highly scalable, and performant libraries and services used by every Square internal and public API. You will participate in the community of internal developers who enable the Square Developer Platform and use that knowledge to create new offerings as well as adapt existing ones to meet the needs of our developers. Every call from an external developer who integrates with Square will directly use the code you've helped develop.
- Build performance systems that can handle millions of requests per day to enable all of Square's third-party developers.
- Work with our product teams, *many* other engineering teams, and partner developers to design Squares global developer platform.
- Build systems that maintain customers sensitive data and hold Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (6+ years)
- A sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
- Natural curiosity and a desire to manage all aspects of building Square's developer platform in a small, highly focused, and expanding team.
- Understanding and curiosity in creating well thought out, scalable, low-latency, global systems.
- A willingness to collaborate and grow as an engineer
Even better if you are experienced in:
- C++, Java, Go, and Ruby
- Designing and managing high volume, fault tolerant services
- Cross-team and cross-functional collaboration
- Working collaboratively or contributing to open source projects
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.