Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Storage
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Storage sits within the Cloud Platform Group. Our mission is to provide a secure, reliable platform for the Product Development Teams. The Storage team manages the infrastructure that persists and stores data for the services. We provide a set of fully managed databases as a platform. Reporting to the SRE Manager you will automate and operate different storage mechanisms like DynamoDB, AWS Aurora and TiDB. Our teams are remote first and globally distributed. We have high levels of autonomy and curiosity. Feel free to work from your home out of one of our many offices.
Skills you'll use:
- Develop projects that provide storage with high availability, large throughput and low latency.
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our products and systems.
- Operate massively distributed databases at scale.
- Provide internal expertise and advice.
- Mentor fellow engineers.
- Develop services and automation.
- Develop sensible Disaster Recovery process and policy.
- Work with the observability and product engineering teams.
- Cultivate Cash's open source projects and build things you are proud to share.
- Make bleeding edge cloud and database technology scalable and reliable.
Experiences you'll bring:
- Technical initiative and a desire to make those around you better.
- Experience with Data storage at scale such as TiDB, MySQL, Amazon Aurora or Vitess.
- Experience with highly available systems at scale.
- Recent Experience with Docker
- Experience on public cloud like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Solid skills in scripting languages such as Go, Bash or Python
- Experience with configuration management software such as Terraform, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience in a distributed work environment.
- Experience with Incident response, including disaster recovery.
- Exposure to container orchestration (Kubernetes).
Technology you'll use:
TiDB, Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, gRPC, Buildkite, Go, Microservices, GraphQL, Git, and Kotlin.
Cash App spends much of its time using these tools, but we're committed to working on the right tech for the job. As a senior member of the team, we look forward to your expertise guiding the us into the future.
Everyone is welcome - we want the best teams in the world. That means being an inclusive workplace where our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.