Senior Product Security Engineer, New Product, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 24 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a Security Engineer on a new product team, you will help secure all aspects of an exciting new financial services product in the Cash App ecosystem.
The Cash Security team is a hands-on engineering-driven security team that embeds security engineers within key platform and product teams across Cash. As a security team, we collaborate on building and sharing security infrastructure, design patterns, and guidelines.
As a Product Security Engineer embedded in this new product team, you’ll work within it to:
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own the privacy and security hardening, mechanisms, and features of product services
- Design, apply, and develop cryptographic primitives to protect data
- Understand how to apply and advise the product team on specific regulatory data privacy and security requirements to the product’s implementation end-to-end
- Evaluate the security properties and risks of 3rd-party systems and services that we would integrate into our cloud environment to advise the product team of the trade-offs
- Help the engineers around you level-up on their own security reasoning and knowledge
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions
- Strong desire to perform and grow as a security engineer and educate other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- An interest in working on a product that impacts people/businesses directly
Tools we use and teach:
- AWS KMS and Google’s Tink Cryptographic APIs
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Event-driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.