Senior Product Security Engineer, Growth, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 24 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a Security Engineer on the Growth team, you will work with other Engineers, Product Management, and Product Designers to build features and primitives that accelerate the growth of our business, including a/b testing frameworks, customer data platforms, and customer engagement platforms.
The Cash Security team is a hands-on engineering-driven security team that embeds security engineers within key platform and product teams across Cash. As a security team, we collaborate on building and sharing security infrastructure, design patterns, and guidelines.
As a Product Security Engineer embedded in the Growth team, you’ll work within the Growth team to:
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own the security hardening, mechanisms, and features of our customer data and engagement platforms
- Design, apply, and develop cryptographic primitives to protect the personal data of Cash Customers
- Evaluate the security properties and risks of 3rd-party systems and services that we would integrate into our cloud environment to advise the Cash Growth team of the trade-offs
- Help the engineers around you level-up on their own security reasoning and knowledge
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions
- An interest in working on a product that impacts people/businesses directly
- Strong desire to perform and grow as a security engineer and educate other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
Tools we use and teach:
- AWS KMS and Google’s Tink Cryptographic APIs
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Event-driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.