Senior Platform Security Engineer, Cash App
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 24 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved. Cash is built as a service mesh, communicating via synchronous APIs as well as asynchronous events, built on AWS and Kubernetes. The Platform team is responsible for the mission-critical fabric that these services run on, and provides service discovery, routing, self-healing, and observability features that product teams use to operate their systems on Cash’s platform.
The Cash Security team is a hands-on engineering-driven security team that embeds security engineers within key platform and product teams across Cash. As a security team, we collaborate on building and sharing security infrastructure, design patterns, and guidelines.
As a Cash Security Engineer embedded in Cash Platform’s engineering team, you’ll work within and across Cash Platform’s engineering team to:
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own the security hardening, mechanisms, and features of our production platform across deploy, storage, traffic, and developer velocity.
- Design, apply, and develop cryptographic layers to provide “zero-trust” security properties for multi-tenant separation within shared infrastructure systems
- Evaluate the security properties and risks of 3rd-party systems and services that we would integrate into our cloud environment to advise the Cash Platform team of the trade-offs
- Help the engineers around you level-up on their own security reasoning and knowledge
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions.
- Strong desire to perform and grow as a security engineer and educate other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
Technologies we use and teach:
- AWS KMS and Google’s Tink Cryptographic APIs
- Go, Terraform, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- gRPC, Envoy
- SignalFx, DataDog, Jaeger, Prometheus
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.