Senior Customer Operations Leader, Cash App
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and resourceful individual to create, inspire, lead and scale a full-service customer support operational site for the Cash Customer Operations team. You will not only lead a team of passionate customer advocates, but you will also dream up and build out a world class operation - optimizing all Customer Success and Risk Operations channels including direct messaging, social channels and phone - while developing and reinforcing the Cash team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success and career progression.
In this role, you will serve as a cross-functional leader inside the company, working with product, engineering, design, business development, marketing, and finance to drive a culture of customer-first supportability. You’ll manage the operations of the team to ensure we achieve Cash App’s most important strategic priorities and underpin our obsession with the customer focus and mindset. You will set, track and manage the site’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) weekly and partner with training, recruiting, analytics, workforce management, Voice of the Customer (VoC) and other teams focused around making our customers successful.
- Utilize deep product and industry knowledge to implement and improve on best practices while serving as a strong cross-functional leader and advocacy role model for the site
- Coach and mentor team members with a focus on professional development and upstream and preventative thinking
- Drive improvements in customer satisfaction across channels by understanding the struggle and support needs of our customers
- Own the efficiency of the site operation, smartly balancing quality and cost to maximize investments and talent
- Manage the metrics to measure the growth, performance and impact of the team, and set goals and provide progress updates
- Treat the Success site operations as a product at Cash, innovating and iterating on the customer experience
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical customer success initiatives
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Scale the Success team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency, driving productivity and quality initiatives and working tirelessly to empower the front-line advocates
You will be accountable for:
- Leading and guiding the performance of the site on the core work KPIs (around quality, efficiency) and on metrics that are critical to running the business, like involuntary attrition, retention, and engagement
- Building and representing that site's culture and priorities as part of the overall ecosystem CCO is building across internal and external sites
- Leading, coordinating or supporting efforts around major impactful high visibility projects, such as building out a site channel strategy
- Building and fostering, mentoring and coaching the leadership talent we have in our team, and creating paths forward for every operational role to enrich the organization and retain our talent
- Serving as an owner or major contributor to overarching CCO strategies around channels, customer segmentation, balance of internal and partner teams, culture definition or supporting projects, etc.
- Creating local and community relationships and activities that define who we are Cash App in our communities, both to meet our goals as good citizens in the markets where we operate and as a recruiting tool aligned with our values
- Developing and enabling opportunity and growth for team members beyond role-based, professional, and educational paths for personal improvement
- A relevant BA/BS degree. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant CS operations work experience, with >5 years of multi-tier (managing managers) people management experience required
- Deep past product and/or project management experience and experience scaling complex operations from inception to hundreds of team members
- Experience creating, building, optimizing B2C Customer Success operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs
- A passion for consumer financial services and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.