Android Software Engineer, Cash App
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As part of the Android engineering team at Cash, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing products to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem.
Currently, the Support Product team is building new experiences to support our growing customer base around the world. We want to enhance everyone’s relationship with money, and believe that providing people top notch support is a key part of enhancing that relationship across the board.
- Build end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Invent thoughtful Android tech and open source it
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Partner with engineers across the stack as well as our Customer Support team to deliver remarkable solutions for millions of customers
- Have a meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience voicing customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- Exceptional communication skills in written and oral form (describing ideas, discussing approaches, presentations, status updates)
- Ability to work with remote teams and operate autonomously in a different timezone
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multiplatform
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- RxJava, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Whorlwind, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.