Product Manager, Go-To-Market Data Science
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Automation organization enables and measures the unified customer journey, intelligently empowering customers through Square's ecosystem of products. We are using Engineering, Data Science, and Machine Learning/AI to do five core jobs for our customers (sellers) and our partners (internal Square teams): (i) ensure the comprehensive management of a unified customer journey; (ii) increase both scalable and manual channels for connecting with the customers; (iii) personalize creative, platforms and products; (iv) measure across the customer life-cycle and (v) decrease the cost of innovation and product development.
As the Product Manager for the Go-To-Market Data Science products, you will drive important and strategic data science initiatives from creation through execution. You will focus on managing the product development life-cycle of the Multi-Touch Attribution framework that uses all customer touch points and enables accurate attribution of new product acquisition and cross-sell events. You will also guide development of other strategic data science/ML products such as Marketing Mix Models and Enterprise Value Measurement Models.
You will be in a unique position of having multiple teams as your core customers (Global Marketing, Finance & Strategy, Product, Product Marketing, Sales, Account Management). You will lean on an accomplished Data Science team with an experienced Machine Learning Engineering Manager to ensure that our Data Science products provide remarkable experience and accuracy to the internal teams and help foundational planning and investment decisions. You will need strategic thinking, methodical execution, and superb stakeholder management in addition to expertise in Marketing Attribution, Digital Marketing and Data Science. If you're looking for the rare opportunity to make foundational impact on Square's go-to-market strategy and develop strategic data science products, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Set the vision, roadmap, and direction for the Data Science products in tight collaboration with the Global Marketing and teams
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Represent the team with cross functional partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization
- Drive accuracy of Data Science products leading to their enterprise-wide adoption
- Educate others on Data Science products and capabilities
- Foster an environment that enables the Data Science team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- A Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a Product Manager
- Deep knowledge of Multi-Touch Attribution and Marketing Mix Models
- 3+ Years of experience building Data Science Products
- Experience with Marketing Analytics and Data Science approaches
- Experience with Go-to-market capabilities and channels for reaching out to the customers
- Understanding of industry trends in digital marketing and increased data regulation and privacy laws
- Knowledge of data infrastructure and processes
- Knowledge of experimentation and incrementality measurement
- Navigated difficult situations with competing stakeholder needs and across multiple audiences (individual contributors, managers, executives)
- Deep understanding of customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Background in FinTech or financial services B2B
- Experience building Machine Learning Model-based Multi-Touch Attribution
- Deep knowledge of Enterprise Value Measurement models (LTV).
- Understanding of modern data science and machine learning approaches.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources