Software Engineering Manager, Marketing Technology
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Automation organization enables and measures the unified customer journey, intelligently empowering customers through Square's ecosystem of products. Marketing Technology (Martech) is an essential team within the Automation organization and is focused on making growth and analytics more effective and efficient. MarTech binds the tools, technology, data, and individual team initiatives across Square to promote growth of the entire ecosystem. MarTech is a new and growing team with the opportunity to guide massive change at Square.
We are looking for an experienced technology leader (just like you!) to lead the building of remarkable technology solutions, help develop and drive our technical vision, and further expand the team of accomplished MarTech engineers. You will use your engineering leadership and experience with Marketing and Data/Analytics applications to make a holistic impact on Square and provide important capabilities to implement our go-to-market strategy.
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be the subject matter expert in marketing and growth technology; understand our existing platform landscape and how to optimize it
- Guide long-term thinking and innovation in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing space
- Collaborate with Product Management, senior leadership, and your peers, to develop the strategy for the future of MarTech at Square
- Hire and develop MarTech engineers, helping them grow and support the roadmap
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, ownership, and self-accountability
- 5+ years of engineering experience (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of accomplished engineers with a diverse skill set (frontend, backend, data eng, data science)
- Expertise is standing up and running MarTech infrastructure
- Experience with the tools that power marketing automation, experimentation, personalization, attribution, and analytics
- Expertise in implementing third-party tools and integrating them in first-party applications: Segment / mParticle, Optimizely, Iterable, Amplitude, Google Marketing Suite: GA 360, SA 360, DV 360, Tag Manager, etc.
- Great stakeholder management and collaboration with product, data, and marketing professionals.
- Experience with identity resolution technologies (eg. Liveramp, Epsilon)
- Startup experience: technical founder/co-founder, growth, or data roles
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources