Senior Software Engineer (Developer Velocity), Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 30 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a member of the Developer Velocity team, you will be responsible for scaling product development on Cash’s rapidly growing distributed architecture by evolving the application frameworks and developer tooling to enable our product engineers to focus on the product.
- Own and scale core application frameworks with tremendous processing requirements
- Manage tooling and infrastructure to effectively work in our Java and Kotlin development environments
- Support source control and CI / CD systems to enable product developers to effortlessly ship code
- Evolve Cash's development model towards a serverless architecture
- Write well-tested code, build incrementally, and deploy daily
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Boundless curiosity
- Drive to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Go
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, KNative
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- MySQL, DynamoDB, TiDB
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.