Senior Software Engineer, Marketing Technology
- New York, NY
The Marketing Technology team exists to make analysis and growth more efficient. We are the connective tissue binding the tools, tech, data, and individual team projects across Square to guide the entire ecosystem forward. We power the future of experimentation at Square, optimization of marketing campaigns and analytics through automation, and unlocking of personalization and new ideas through the use of a centralized customer data platform. We are a new and growing team with the opportunity to create massive change at Square.
- Be the expert in marketing and growth technology; understand our existing platform landscape and how to improve it.
- Work in a small, dynamic engineering team to unlock the potential of Square’s growth technology and the teams who use it.
- Partner and embed with data, marketing, and product teams across Square to guide implementation and adoption of the stack.
- Create comprehensive documentation to ensure self-serve use of the stack.
- Promote convention over configuration to lower the cost of integration and increase velocity.
- Unlock innovation at scale for teams and tech throughout Square.
- B.S. or equivalent with 5+ years of software engineering experience, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Natural curiosity and a desire to explore solutions in a small, highly focused team.
- Understanding and interest in creating highly available, scalable, low-latency, global systems.
- Interest in state of the art security systems.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources