Transaction Monitoring Analyst, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
The mission of the Compliance Transaction Monitoring team at Square is to perform ongoing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring and other ongoing reviews to meet our regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements. We actively monitor to ensure the safety and soundness of the Square system and maintain a healthy, compliant user base.
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? Square is looking for someone who is an experienced and motivated professional to combat BSA/AML risk as part of the transaction monitoring compliance program.
- Monitor and act upon Cash App compliance-related queue alerts, including reviewing:
- Possible suspicious activity
- Activity that violates Squares and Cash App’s rules
- Use detective-like mentality to investigate and escalate potentially suspicious activity across all AML typologies
- Verify customer and counterparty information as part of identity verification and conduct due diligence reviews for anti-money laundering purposes
- Interact with internal stakeholders to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Work cross-functionally with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square and Cash App
- Occasionally attend compliance-related seminars to stay abreast of the compliance industry
- Previous experience reviewing high volume of unusual activity relating to payments, peer-to-peer transmissions, virtual currency
- Passion for Cash App/Square, and a strong interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- A strong operations mindset involving time sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow across competing priorities
- Adept communication skills when dealing with possible bad actors with a detective-like mentality
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a drive to deliver outstanding results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Previous experience in transaction monitoring/compliance/AML with a financial institution or payment-focused company preferred
- 4-year undergraduate degree
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources