Compliance Controls Manager, Cash App
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we've consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
The Product and Program Compliance team works cross-functionally to create Compliance strategies that promote the global launch and growth of Square products. These products are finding creative solutions to hard problems. Square is looking for a Compliance Controls Manager to help support the creativity of our Cash App, by providing subject-matter expertise in industry best practices and regulatory requirements. You will report to our Cash App Compliance Lead, and help ensure that we identify, assess and build the appropriate key Product and Compliance controls throughout the Cash App ecosystem. As well as spearhead various Compliance initiatives and Projects. Implement applicable policies, procedures and construct internal infrastructure to build success for Square. This person will be instrumental in collaborating across IT, product, compliance, as well as Internal and External Audit teams throughout the organization.
- Advise Product and several other teams at Square on creating Compliance risk and control matrices to help grow the Cash App across all products and markets
- Evaluate compliance requirements for our domestic and international markets
- Design go-to market strategy to fulfill applicable compliance obligations for all services, including peer-to-peer payments, Cash Card, ACH transactions, Bitcoin, lending and equities
- Build a tactical road-map and set goals that align with product launches
- Conduct product risk and controls gap analysis, and remediation plan
- Communicate applicable risks, solutions and costs to all relevant partners
- Design all relevant program documentation, content, and processes
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and developments in the industry
- 3+ years in the compliance industry, ideally with experience in international markets
- A strategic metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Operational knowledge in building Risk and Compliance controls
- Knowledge of payment regulations and scheme rules, Card network rules, Cryptocurrency, and peer-to-peer payments are also ideal Ability to partner across all teams and levels
- Technological knowledge of several databases, third party vendor configurations, analytics platform and different application programming interfaces
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources