Senior Product Security Engineer, Financial Platform, Cash App
- Melbourne, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As a Security Engineer on the Financial Platform team, you will help secure all aspects of financial asset transactions and movements, both within the Cash App ecosystem as well as with external financial systems and networks.
The Cash Security team is a hands-on engineering-driven security team that embeds security engineers within key platform and product teams across Cash. As a security team, we collaborate on building and sharing security infrastructure, design patterns, and guidelines.
As a Product Security Engineer embedded in the Financial Platform team, you’ll work within the Financial Platform team to:
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own the security hardening, mechanisms, and features of our financial platforms
- Design, apply, and develop cryptographic primitives to protect the financial integrity of Cash App
- Evaluate the security properties and risks of 3rd-party systems and services that we would integrate into our cloud environment to advise the Cash Financial Platform team of the trade-offs
- Help the engineers around you level-up on their own security reasoning and knowledge
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions
- Strong desire to perform and grow as a security engineer and educate other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- An interest in working on a product that impacts people/businesses directly
Tools we use and teach:
- AWS KMS and Google’s Tink Cryptographic APIs
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Event-driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.