Senior Platform Security Engineer, Cash App
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved. Cash is built as a service mesh, communicating via synchronous APIs as well as asynchronous events, built on AWS and Kubernetes. The Platform team is responsible for the mission-critical fabric that these services run on, and provides service discovery, routing, self-healing, and observability features that product teams use to operate their systems on Cash’s platform.
The Cash Security team is a hands-on engineering-driven security team that embeds security engineers within key platform and product teams across Cash. As a security team, we collaborate on building and sharing security infrastructure, design patterns, and guidelines.
As a Cash Security Engineer embedded in Cash Platform’s engineering team, you’ll work within and across Cash Platform’s engineering team to:
- Co-design, co-build, and co-own the security hardening, mechanisms, and features of our production platform across deploy, storage, traffic, and developer velocity.
- Design, apply, and develop cryptographic layers to provide “zero-trust” security properties for multi-tenant separation within shared infrastructure systems
- Evaluate the security properties and risks of 3rd-party systems and services that we would integrate into our cloud environment to advise the Cash Platform team of the trade-offs
- Help the engineers around you level-up on their own security reasoning and knowledge
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- A strong motivation to contribute to a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions.
- Strong desire to perform and grow as a security engineer and educate other engineers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
Technologies we use and teach:
- AWS KMS and Google’s Tink Cryptographic APIs
- Go, Terraform, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- gRPC, Envoy
- SignalFx, DataDog, Jaeger, Prometheus
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.