Senior Network Engineer (Corporate Network)
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We monitor everything, and have a culture of reflection and improvement. We aim to eliminate friction in production and believe that no project should be delayed because of the lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful. We're looking for a network engineer who shares our values and has experience building a Corporate environment.
- Help architect improvements to our global corporate network.
- Work with the security team to design security-related enhancements.
- Perform network-based security risk assessments.
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools.
- Configure and administer routers and switches.
- Create and help automate our network.
- Troubleshoot network failures and performance issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Train other network engineers on the team.
- Occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
- 8+ years hands-on experience with routing, switching, and load balancing
- In-depth knowledge of network concepts, devices, and protocols
- Solid OSPF and BGP experience
- Solid experience with open source environments, including automation/development building blocks such as Python, Git, Ansible and others
- Experience with Juniper, Aruba and F5 platforms
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing others
- Experience setting technical vision and strategy for long-term success
- You have experience with DevOps or as a programmer
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources