Senior Network Engineer (Corporate Network)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We monitor everything, and have a culture of reflection and improvement. We aim to eliminate friction in production and believe that no project should be delayed because of the lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful. We're looking for a network engineer who shares our values and has experience building a Corp environment.
- Help architect improvements to our global corporate network.
- Work with the security team to design security-related enhancements.
- Perform network-based security risk assessments.
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools.
- Configure and administer routers and switches.
- Create and help automate our network.
- Troubleshoot network failures and performance issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Train other network engineers on the team.
- Occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
- 8+ years hands-on experience with routing, switching, and load balancing
- In-depth knowledge of network concepts, devices, and protocols
- Solid OSPF and BGP experience
- Solid experience with open source environments, including automation/development building blocks such as Python, Git, Ansible and others
- Experience with Juniper, Aruba and F5 platforms
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing others
- Experience setting technical vision and strategy for long-term success
- You have experience with DevOps or as a programmer
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources