Product Manager, Commerce Platform - Orders
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Orders team oversees the platform that powers all sales and order management at Square. The team is also responsible for the order management, fulfillment and checkout experiences on Square's mobile and web point of sale solutions. As a Product Manager on the Orders team, you will oversee product features from creation through execution. You will work with designers, engineers, product analysts, and other partners across Square to ensure that our Orders platform powers 1st party and 3rd party commerce solutions that sellers need to start and grow their business.
You will oversee the full stack of features (including SDKs) and infrastructure needed to achieve remarkable omni-channel order management experiences across our web (Square Online Store, Web Point of Sale) and mobile (Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, Square for Appointments) solutions. You will advocate for the voice of our sellers and developers to provide a set of platform capabilities that is not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but is a competitive advantage for Square. This is a visible role that provides an opportunity to oversee a piece of Square's omni-channel commerce ecosystem.
- Use feedback from sellers and developers across multiple markets to improve the Orders platform to meet needs across the entire Square ecosystem.
- Work with engineering and developer relations teams to manage our SDKs.
- Work with engineering, design, and QA to foster team dynamics
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals. You will outline entire roadmaps and project requirements, goals, and constraints.
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization.
- Guide the creation of platform capabilities that are delightful, scalable and remarkable
- Determine features, write product and technical specs, organize user studies, help write test plans, manage the backlog.
- Report to the Head of Product for Orders.
- Experience building mobile and web products - including experience working on products with developer facing interfaces (i.e. APIs and SDKs); experience in the e-commerce/retail/payments industry is desirable.
- Cross platform (web/mobile/server) technical foundation.
- Excellent at cross team coordination and project prioritization
- Deep developer empathy and the ability to distill seller-facing use cases into a set of flexible components and SDKs.
- A work style that uses data to make informed decisions.
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer or solutions architect is desirable.
- Passion for Square's mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources