Design and Construction Project Manager
- Oakland, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system. Loved by customers and pop culture, we've consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Square is looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead new construction projects globally. As a Construction Project Manager, you will work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to manage projects from creation through completion.
- Develop and track overall project scope, budget, and timeline to ensure projects are delivered on time and under budget
- Partner with the Real Estate team to complete due diligence and evaluate site Coordinate the selection and hiring of the General Contractor, Architect, and consultants
- Work with your project team and partners to develop project design and ensure all business, security, IT, culinary, network and AV requirements are captured in project plans
- Communicate and seek approval of project concept, drawings, and finishes at several stages of development from department leads while keeping peers and partners informed
- Help with design/construction conflict resolutions or value engineering when/where necessary
- Ensure FF&E is ordered, received, and installed correctly
- Prepare and give presentations illustrating the project intentions, budget, and timeline
- Negotiate contracts; onboard, review and organize payments to vendors
- Work with the Facilities Project Manager to prepare and support plans to provide the space to the local team
- Manage external project managers to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget
- A Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years as a project manager in a construction or design related field
- Experience managing projects within a tight budget and timeline
- Financial and administrative skills
- Cross-functional partnerships experience to lead and motivate teams towards project goals
- Experience reading, comprehending, and interpreting leases, contracts, architectural drawings, engineering plans and product specifications
- Working knowledge of construction practices (e.g. terms, estimating, scheduling, delivery, and understanding construction documents)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office's corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources