Senior Network Engineer (Corporate Network)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We monitor everything, and have a culture of reflection and improvement. We aim to eliminate friction in production and believe that no project should be delayed because of the lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful. We're looking for a network engineer who shares our values and has experience building a Corporate environment.
- Help architect improvements to our global corporate network.
- Work with the security team to design security-related enhancements.
- Perform network-based security risk assessments.
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools.
- Configure and administer routers and switches.
- Create and help automate our network.
- Troubleshoot network failures and performance issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Train other network engineers on the team.
- Occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
- 8+ years hands-on experience with routing, switching, and load balancing
- In-depth knowledge of network concepts, devices, and protocols
- Solid OSPF and BGP experience
- Solid experience with open source environments, including automation/development building blocks such as Python, Git, Ansible and others
- Experience with Juniper, Aruba and F5 platforms
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing others
- Experience setting technical vision and strategy for long-term success
- You have experience with DevOps or as a programmer
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources