Software Engineer (Frontend), Restaurants
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Restaurants team at Square is reimagining the hospitality industry to empower today's restaurants with simple, elegant software and efficient workflows. Restaurants today operate in an increasingly dynamic landscape, and we're building a modern product ecosystem to support this by using technology to unlock new workflows, revenue streams, and means of communication. Our focus is on efficiency, automation, and themes of paramount importance in a fast-paced environment where great hospitality is essential.
As a frontend engineer on the Restaurants team, you will develop elegant solutions for restaurant owners to manage their business. Our management system is called Dashboard, a powerful web app used to build menus and customize workflows, set up and configure points of sales and other devices, view reporting and analytics, and more -- every aspect of running a food and beverage business. You’ll work together with other engineers on your team and with your designer and product manager to create the best solutions for our customers’ needs.
Our team started in NYC and we’re now thrilled to expand to new locations. Come join our small, fast-growing team in Atlanta to be on the ground floor for our exciting growth!
- Create beautiful, unique products that empower anyone to run a restaurant
- Develop and build into Square Dashboard, working on features that power the products in our Restaurant ecosystem
- Work closely and collaboratively with designers, product managers, and other engineers; very often across team boundaries
- Ship reliable software through integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- Grow as an engineer, and as you do you'll lift others around you
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Familiarity with back end technologies a bonus (we use Java, Ruby, and Go)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ember JS
- Ruby on Rails
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources