Senior Software Engineer, Financing Platform, Capital
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Square Capital, you will design, build, and own the services and infrastructure that power our products. Our finance and investor platforms manage everything from accurately recording and reporting financial operations and transactions to data-crunching jobs and handling millions of dollars in money transfers every day. If you have a passion for the intersection between finance and technology, and a dedication to detail in software design and development, we want to work with you!
- Partner with engineering, product, investor teams and Square leadership, to develop new cutting-edge financial services products.
- Provide mentorship to engineers and cross-functional partners to improve engineering quality and increase team effectiveness
- Maintain an accounting system to accomplish the proper record keeping of all operations, transactions, assets and liabilities
- Orchestrate the reliable, secure, and accurate movement of millions of dollars per day to and from our investors
- Build systems that create reports and analytics that operate over massive amounts of sensitive data, while maintaining high performance and absolute accuracy
- Massively scale our existing lending platform, from the datastores to the distributed coordination mechanisms depending on them
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Extensive experience designing, building, and operating complex systems with a variety of technologies.
- The desire to work collaboratively, whether in person, over video, or asynchronously through online tools.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources