Software Engineer, Capital Business Financing
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
As a software engineer on Square Capital, you will design, build, and own the services and infrastructure that power our products. You will build beautiful web applications, modern mobile apps, sophisticated financial systems, and highly available services that form complex distributed systems. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Partner with colleagues across engineering, product, and design to build clean web and mobile experiences
- Work on a feature oriented team, tackling complex projects touching multiple teams’ codebases
- Develop modern APIs that integrate web and mobile app clients with server backends
- Build well-designed, reusable systems to model financial systems and transactions
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources