Human Resource Business Partner, Cash App
- New York, NY
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
- Position open to remote: Yes
There’s no place like Cash App.
HR Business Partners at Cash App are there when our employees need us - and when they don't. This means that we show up for our teams when they need our help with employee relations, conflict management and coaching/development conversations. It also means that we are prepared to answer their questions before they are asked. To do this, we conduct proactive analysis and data collection, follow up on essential issues to help bring accountability and commit to bigger, more complex projects that drive the business forward. We operate with integrity, explain the why behind our actions, and do our very best to drop the HR jargon (HRRs, HRIS and RIFs, anyone?) and lead with sound judgement and common sense approaches to problem solving.
The HR Business Partner in this role will oversee support of the Engineering and Data Science functions. You want to make a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company and have an extraordinary desire to innovate. You will report to the Cash HR Lead and work with business leaders to provide hands-on input, insight, and advice. You're comfortable speaking up and driving forward despite unexpected roadblocks (like, you know, a global pandemic).
- Partner with managers of all levels to develop and implement HR policies and practices to support the strategic growth of the business
- Offer expertise regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Provide information and education for all levels of the organization on HR issues
- Educate and partner with managers on performance management and employee development goals
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, employee relations, coaching, and organizational development
- Help develop HR programs, such as recruiting, retention, compensation, benefits, and Learning & Development
- Work with HR team to champion and accelerate a culture in which people feel engaged and inspired to achieve top results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Promote global distribution of teams by partnering with Immigration and Global Mobility to create a seamless experience Partner on core HR processes (e.g., performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze employee reports (e.g., compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with Learning & Development to work on value-added programs in areas of training, career mobility and job performance
- Educate team members on performance feedback practices.
- 7+ years of experience in a strategic role on a People/HR team, as a Human Resources Business Partner (a BA/BS degree in a related field is a bonus)
- Experience as a strategic partner with dynamic, challenging responsibilities supporting a global team of more than 1,000+ employees (international experience is a bonus)
- A history of partnership alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- Experience managing multiple large client groups within a fast-growing environment
- Ability to collaborate at all levels
- A deep knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources