People Operations Lead
- Oakland, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square believes in the importance of well thought design and it's built into the core strategy for our external products. This mission extends to its internal experience well. We believe in the importance of thoughtful design and elegant experiences for our employees just as we do for our customers.
Square believes in the importance of well thought design and it’s built into the core strategy for our external products. This mission extends to its internal experience well. We believe in the importance of thoughtful design and elegant experiences for our employees just as we do for our customers.
We’re looking for someone to lead the People Services team and create a best- in- class experience for all our employees and cross-functional partners. This role is key in providing business support and partnering with various People teams such as Benefits, Compensation, People Tech, Analytics, Programs, HR Business Partners, Recruiters, and Global Mobility. The role will also partner with Business Technology, Legal, Office, Payroll, and various other teams across the organization.
- Proactively review and coordinate established procedures, systems, and standards for overall operations with relevant partners.
- Implement new policies, procedures, and process improvements through partnership with Benefits, L&D, Technology, Analytics, Talent, etc. Scope out and provide a change management plan for new HR processes, major changes or implementations; ensure support, adoption of programs and processes post go-live.
- Perform mock audits to ensure Square is compliant for all processes and provide evidence for SOX in partnership with Internal Audit.
- Own and maintain documentation of all processes (current, future and changes)
- Oversee HR knowledge base direction, instructions, and guidance the People Services Specialists
- Oversee the flow of daily operations for the People Services team.
- General administrative work such as reports and data analysis in partnership with People Analytics.
- Work with the People Technology team on projects for process improvement, system launches, and configuration changes.
- Experience working Workday
- 4 + years work experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of HR processes, benefits plans and integrated payroll processes
- Experience with compliance (e.g. right to work) and partnering with employment law
- Experience with contingent workforce staffing programs
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives as well as influence cross functional teams
- Able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Able to work effectively in an open, high energy environment
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources