- Melbourne, Australia
Our mission is simple: we want to help people everywhere start, run and grow a business. We’re a fast-moving global fintech company building the tools entrepreneurs need to simplify and streamline their business. Square’s powerful ecosystem of tools includes everything from accepting card payments and invoicing to e-commerce, data reporting, loyalty programs and managing inventory, locations or customers.
Now supporting millions of businesses worldwide, Square is recognised as a leader in innovation, rated in the top 10 of Fast Company’s 2019 World’s Most Innovative Companies list. As we continue to expand globally, we are looking to drive that innovation further by scaling our smart, dedicated and passionate workforce in new markets. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey and Jim McKelvey and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices now operating across the United States, Canada, Japan, the UK, Ireland and Australia.
Square's Seller Communications team communicates to the world how Square empowers entrepreneurs, business owners, and corporations with powerful and elegant tools to help them start, run, grow, and adapt their businesses. As part of Square's investment in global markets, we're looking for a Communications Lead to run communications in Australia for our Seller business. Seller Communications at Square will see you representing our ecosystem of products and services for businesses of all sizes such as payments technology, hardware, point of sale software, eCommerce tools, and more. A core part of our global Seller Communications team, you will report to the Head of Seller Communications based in California. This position can work from home anywhere in Australia, or be based in our Melbourne office.
- Conceptualise and execute proactive comms initiatives that build awareness of our products, showcase our customers, highlight our technology, and develop the Square brand.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Product teams, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Content & Digital, and Legal.
- Develop and maintain reporter relationships across national, local, business, tech, and vertical publications.
- Handle media briefings, spokespeople training, and prep Australia-based Square sellers for media opportunities.
- Create written materials, including press releases, data reports, briefing documents, communications plans and FAQs, blog posts, and other collateral.
- Advocate for Square and develop narratives to resonate with diverse audiences.
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson and collaborate on rapid response.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience at either a PR agency, media organisation, or an in-house communications team.
- Experience managing a variety of communications scenarios, especially product and feature launches, proactive campaigns, and data storytelling.
- Experience uncovering stories, data, and other insights that can create coverage and advance company narratives in the down-cycles between product launches or announcements.
- Media relations skills with examples of creating coverage in national, local, business, tech, and vertical publications.
- Experience working with colleagues located around the world.
- Affinity for building partnerships with key company partners, including senior leadership.
- A desire to help further our mission of economic empowerment through impactful storytelling.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills.
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources