Business Development Manager, Platform Partnerships
- Atlanta, GA
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
At Square, Business Development manages the end-to-end development and deployment of Square’s Partnership strategy. This includes working with our product development, developer platform, finance, strategy and legal teams to scope potential platform partnerships and negotiate contracts with external parties. You will lead teams at Square to build and execute on these partnerships that will further enable Square's ecosystem. You will have plenty of experience evaluating market dynamics all while sourcing, scoping, negotiating and managing relationships. You will be very comfortable interacting, presenting and persuading executives both internally and externally to help accomplish Square's long-term vision. You will be part of a team that is energetic, motivated and optimistic that truly enjoys uncertainty and overcoming challenges.
This role is open to locations: Atlanta, Saint Louis, Scottsdale
- Develop and execute on Square's platform strategy by increasing density in our partner ecosystem.
- Work closely with teams across product management, partner management, account management, seller support, and sales teams to identify and engage potential Partners to enhance our product functionality, increase conversion rates, increase retention rates and/or increase distribution of Square's product portfolio.
- Work with a variety of internal teams to get approval and deploy platform partnerships. Example teams include creative, marketing, legal, finance, security, product, engineering, comms, and support.
- 5-7 years of professional experience, including 2+ years in business development focused on the acquisition of technology partners.
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, fintech, point of sale, payments or API-first organizations
- BA/BS required
- Experience negotiating and closing complex deals across tactical to mid-size opportunities
- Experience evaluating opportunities with regard to impact on strategy, brand, finance and operations
- Proven ability to successfully work with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive partner discussions from discovery to implementation
- Ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Entrepreneurial, works independently, and enjoys value-creation with partners
- Excellent track record of success in highly matrixed environments
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources