Senior iOS Software Engineer, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As part of the iOS engineering team for Cash, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. Currently, we’re focusing on the Cash Card (and Boost rewards), improved banking functionality, international expansion, in-app support, and extending our investing/Bitcoin feature in exciting new directions, and making stock investing more accessible to all. Additionally, technology from Cash App now powers Square Payroll, Square Card, and other integrations.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Learn to craft gorgeous, pixel-perfect UI and animations
- Deliver features to tens of millions of customers, shipping at a fast and exciting cadence
- Build new functionality into an app designed to provide real value to its customers
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience voicing customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin (believe it! — we collaborate directly with our friends on Android)
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.